Consultant Behaviour Analyst
Hello. My name is Thomas Low and I have been working in the field of ABA since 2015. I have experience working with a variety of learners from young children through to young adults.
I have an undergraduate degree in psychology where I discovered an interest in teaching/learning and special educational needs. Following my undergraduate degree, I discovered ABA and began working with young children and teenagers with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
I fell in love with the work and watching children with difficulties achieve great things and acquire new skills essential for living and learning. After a year as a tutor, I wanted to learn more about ABA so undertook a Master’s degree in ABA at the University of Kent, Tizard centre.
I received my MSc in ABA in 2019. Since then I have been continuing tutoring to extend my experience to a range of learner age groups. I started as a supervisor with Open Avenues in January 2020 to extend my experience of training new tutors and advising parents on behavioural management techniques, and teaching skills based on ABA. In 2022, I qualified as a BCBA consultant.
As well as my Masters degree I have completed a number of training courses including:
- University of Kent - Understanding Autism
- Dr Justin Leaf BCBA - Progressive ABA as it Relates to Individuals Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Recent Advancements in Research and Clinical Practice
- Dr Adel Najdowski BCBA - Flexible and Focused: Strategies to Improve Executive Skills in Individuals with Autism
- Dr Megan Miller BCBA – Toileting, Feeding and Sleep
- Dr Andy Bondy BCBA - The Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS): Protocol, Evidence, and Myths